(He hated the hat!)
The big day was on Friday (Jan 23) so to celebrate we went to Fuddruckers. We debated on Chuck E Cheese, but opted for a big hamburger & fries instead. My parents offered to watch Spencer while James & I went out, but I could here the debate years down the road from Spencer....."What? You & dad went out to eat on MY birthday WITHOUT me...WHAT THE......!" I'm glad that we decided to take him...not only to avoid mass destruction....but because Spencer loved it. There were so many fun things to look at. He LOVED the hamburger, french fries & ice cream. He even got a balloon. This was his first balloon experience due to some slacking parents. Let's just say - he was in heaven! (He also got to ride in a big boy car seat for the 1st time - it was fun to watch him look at everything that he had been missing out on - he loved it!)
Saturday the family came over to help celebrate. I dug deep & made a dog cake to go with our dog themed party. It may be the only creative, homemade cake that, that boy ever gets - so we took lots of pictures. I must say it turned out pretty cute - yet another reason to make it the last - it's always smart to end on a good note! Spencer loved the cake. He didn't even wait until it was on his high chair to dig into it. Once he tasted it, he looked up at us with big eyes & went "MMMmmm"
James couldn't resist shoving Spencer's face into the cake. When he came up, there was frosting in Spencer nose. I quickly cleaned it off so that he could breath. He then looked at James with the most shocked look at his face. He looked like he was going to start crying really hard....but instead he started laughing. What a cute kid! As pay back her smeared some frosting on James face.
Overall, it was a fun day. Spencer loved the balloons, cake, presents, dogs & all the attention that he got from all the family members.

4 comments:
We made it a year! Shaylee loved her cake too, it is so cute to watch them learn and grow!
What a cutie! I can't believe he's a year old already! And I'm very impressed with your cake.
Happy Birthday Spencer! He's almost a man!
What cute pictures! That's so funny that James stuck his face in his cake. So, I understand you're back in Utah; that's great! So fun that I can be updated on your cute family!
Post a Comment