I am still in shock....and it has been one month! I CUT MY HAIR!!! I was a victim of peer pressure - from my sister no less! Last month the girls in the family went on a get-a-way trip to Huntington Beach California. I started the trip with long luscious hair and ended with teensie weensie short hair. Let me tell you - my head felt SO LIGHT! Anyway, we drove up in the parking lot of a mall. Straight ahead of us was a hair salon. That is when Marcia said, "let's get your hair cut....I'm ready to get it cut!" Oh sure! So I said well, go see if they have any openings. Of course they would NOT have an opening at a fancy salon like that.....oh but on this special day they did! So within literally 10 minutes of driving up in the parking lot....my pony tail was GONE! As I think about it now I had to do it FAST like that without giving me anytime to think about it...or else I probably would never get it cut.....which James would be just fine with!
There are pro's and con's to having my hair cut. I havent' really allowed myself to dwell on the fact that my hair is gone - after about 7 years of the lengthy longness! So often times I look in the mirror and I am still shocked by the lack of hair. I am proud to say that I have not thrown any tantrums....yet!
I still use a bottle of shampoo when washing my hair. I still grab at it to get it off my shoulders. I comb through it as if it were still down to my waste. I must face the facts that it is GONE! Everyone thinks that I look like my sister Marcia now....which I even have to admit that I see my reflection and think that I am her. In fact, I just came from visiting her. I was sitting in Relief Society - she was talking to the bishopric & hadn't made it in to the meeting yet. So the girl conducting was announcing all of the visitors...we have Susie's mom, Julie's grandma, & Naomi's neighbor and that's about it. I thought that I had gotten off the hook when a woman I had met the previous day had ruined it and said that Marcia's sister was here visiting. The lady conducting looked at me for a minute then shook her head & said "Oh my gosh you are NOT Marcia...I just thought that you were!" Even her kids kept asking me how come I look so much like their mom!
Working where I work, I couldn't cut my hair & NOT donate it. So I am proud to say that I have donated my hair. ALL 14 inches....you heard it 14 inches.....and then the asian boy Alex even cut off a couple more inches.....no more neck aches for me!

1 comment:
Wow Marianne, I can't believe that you cut it! It looks so cute. I have been tempted lately to cut mine off again, but I haven't got the courage up yet. Way to go. What did James think?
Post a Comment