Sunday, April 3, 2011

Martha Day....gone wrong

So I had an overwhelming urge to cook things.....which is so unlike me! However of the four things I made - one of them turned out. My Hungry man soup turned to mush (quickly after the pictured was taken). I promised Marty I would make him healthy cookies that he could eat. Well, lets just say the first batch of Pumpkin Oatmeal cookies turned out like a big pile of poo! The ball of dough you could make a clock out of just like those cow pie clocks. The second batch - Sugar Cookies turned tasted somewhat OK if you're really desperate for cookies. Marty lovingly referred to them as "hockey puck cookies". The fourth things was bread. A girl I work with, Diane, has this yummy bread recipe that supposedly is so easy. I have been wanting to try the recipe & today was the day. It turned out pretty good for the first time. It made yummy toast & sandwiches. That might just be the only thing made today that gets the privilege of being made again. Since I'm going to be a professional bread maker now I'm going to need a bread slicer.

James enjoying fresh bread with homemade strawberry jam. Life cannot get better.

Kenley LOVES the bread too!

Little hockey pucks & a big hockey puck!
Marty with his "hockey puck cookies" & me with my big hockey puck bread.

the BREAD!

Hungry Man soup....minutes before the broth disappeared.

Hockey Puck Cookies

Poo Cookies.
I made them into balls and stuck them in the oven. I was surprised to see that they had not flattened when I opened the oven again. So I took a spoon & flattened them myself. They tasted like KAKA!

Cookie dough!
If this looks slightly familiar on christmas morning but with a clock in the middle - don't be surprised.

1 comment:

catherine hill said...

Is that Diane's father's famous bread that I tried to convince her for 5 years to learn his secrets. If it is and she didn't share... I'm not sure what I will do, but it will be ugly. I miss you! I want to get on the next cycle of children growing. When are we starting? Say hi to my busy Jimmy!