Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Surgery!



The night before surgery - we unexpectedly got tickets to go see Mr Archuleta in Salt Lake. We had a million things to do before my surgery. But we decided to be spontaneous & go. We fought through traffic & almost turned around several times. But in the end it was nice to have a date with James. We held hand & everything. We quickly glanced at the lights as we ran off to get Kenley from Donna & Grant.
On our way home - we were trying to find somewhere for me to get a last meal. With our unexpected plans we still hadn't eaten dinner. I had previously had it all planned out - it was going to be Cafe Rio. You know! Go out with a yummy bang! As we found out, most of the Cafe Rio's close between 9:30 & 10 on a Thursday night. As I choked back the tears, I settled for the Arby's drive thru. What a last meal before 6 weeks of broth & jell-O

Getting one last feeding in before her 27 hour break!.....guess what!
....She still didn't take a bottle.

Oh! She looks so happy! If only she knew!

Donna & Grant coming to visit - Kenley was not allowed - til she could eat!

Spencer not liking his Momma like that

The family picture. When Kenley finally was able to come. She saw me & started to cry. She looked at me like how could you do that to me & oh I am so mad at you - all in one.



3 comments:

Renae said...

I hope you are doing ok and that you have very good nurses taking care of you. Take care of yourself & heal well.

Beck said...

I hope you are doing well! Hope your surgery isnt anything serious. You look amazing! And I love the nursing part...Alli was the same way. She only went 18 hours though :)

Ryan + Jess said...

Oh my goodness. I can NOT believe that Kenley didn't take a bottle. I almost offered to feed her if things got desperate enough over there but then it seemed like things were ok when I saw James at church. If I had only known...

I still need to come visit! I hear the road to recovery has been slow going. If it helps, know that we love you and are thinking of you! And send Spencer over to play sometime when you need a break :)