Kenley is 6 months old already!
She is a little princess for sure.
I have given up on any hope of her taking a bottle or a binky. In addition to several 14 hour days with momma not around, after my surgery she went 27 hours - with still no bottle. OK! So now I am preparing myself to have to pick up my little girl from 1st grade to feed her lunch!
Let's talk about things in the sleeping department - quite frankly I feel like we are digressing. When she was first born she slept for 2-3 hours. From there she got worse & started waking up every 2 hour....to every hour.....to every 30 minutes. Ugh! After my stomach surgery the sleeping even got worse. I figured she wasn't getting enough to eat but then waking up so often also became a habit. What a stinker! After her 6 month check up, we started letting her cry through the night. The Dr said it should take a couple of nights but maybe with our strong-willed little girl - who knows how long it will take. He wished us luck & said glad it's you guys - not me!!! The 1st night was rough. She cried & cried & cried for hours upon hours. The 2nd night, she miraculously slept 6 hours and we started to get excited. But then the 3rd night came & we were back to every few hours of waking up & crying. At this point we have been trying this for 2 wks now & she still wakes up every few hours. Atleast now she will only cry for 10 minutes or so then fall back asleep. I guess we are making progress....but boy! We are still so sleep deprived. Are we ever going to feel normal?
She has the cutest little smile & laugh.
We just discovered her 1st tooth. It's on the bottom left & the bottom right one is coming soon. She rolls around like crazy all over the floor. Crawling is not too far away.
She has also started having some separation anxiety (I'm sure the nights haven't helped). I can't walk out of the room or hand her to anyone she's not familiar with without her screaming & grabbing onto my clothes.
Spencer LOVES Kenley & is such a good big brother. When she cries he sings her songs & gives her toys. She likes to watch him dance. She like to play with his hair.
She hasn't quite grasped the idea of eating.....she won't let anything in that mouth of hers.
We love her & think she's just the cutest thing ever! We get different responses as to who she looks like - it's either 100% James or 100% Marianne - nowhere in between. We even get Uncle Marty! But I think we are in for a road ahead of us with her. From the get-go, she & Spencer are very much opposites - good thing she came second!
LOVE YOU KENLEY! We are so glad that you came to our home. You fit right in to our family. Everyone loves you.....but please let us get some sleep. Please!

1 comment:
How adorable and I sure hope that Kinley gets used to her new "arrangements"!! Good luck. Miss ya!
Post a Comment