Sunday, September 19, 2010

"GO Y-B-U!!!"


My little boy went to his first BYU football game. He is fascinated with sports of any kind & thinks that whoever comes to the door has come to play ball with him. The minute a new person steps into the house, he announces that he is going to get his glove, ball, bat & helmet (can't forget the hat).

Nehoo, Spencer was excited hear that he could go see "YBU" football team. I wasn't quite sure if he would last throughout the entire game. So the plan was for James to take him to the game & I was on call to come pick him up for whenever he was done.

Spencer got decked out in his new jersey & of course had to take the ball.
During the 3rd quarter I hadn't had a phone call yet, so I called to see how our little football player was doing. Spencer was doing great....during 1/2 time James took him out to a grassy area & entertained everyone by playing football. James was a proud Papa & loved to hear all of the comments from others. That kid has skills!


Then Daddy bought him some popcorn & Spencer was good for the rest of the game. When he got home he talked & talked about the football team & how they had the same shirts as he did, & about Cosmo.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of many games attended as father & son. I typically like to go to all the games, but will gladly give up my ticket for my sports freak of a son - I LOVE IT! I'm just glad we haven't had to PUSH sports on him.

I think it is so cute when we ask him questions & he says this..... we ask "Spencer, do you want to watch this Tom & Jerry cartoon?"..."NO! Just baseball!" "Hey Spencer what do you want for breakfast?"...."Nothing! I just want to watch football!"

No comments: