I had to work on Marianne's birthday so we decided to celebrate it the next day (Saturday). However, on Friday, Marianne woke up to fresh fallen snow so she took Spencer out to build a snowman. They had a great time.

Then they went to a birthday lunch with Melissa and her kids to Carl's Jr. Spencer played on the play ground and loved it.
Friday night we all went to the ward party at the church. It was a Luau. There is a family from Hawaii in the ward and they made all of the food and provided all of the dancing and entertainment. I loved the food but because Marianne is pregnant she did not enjoy it as much as I did.
On Saturday morning Marianne woke up and I told her we were packing a lunch and going on a day trip. We left Spencer with the Snyder's and took off in all of our warm clothes. I surprised her with a day of snowmobiling. We went up hobble creek canyon and had a blast. Here are some of the pictures of the event. This was the beginning of the excursion.
When we got to the top of the mountain, I ask Marianne if she wanted to go exploring a little. She said "no not really but you can if you want to." So I did and I ended up getting stuck. Yes that is right, I got stuck with my bad knee and a pregnant woman. It was not funny at the time but now we laugh about it. We spent about an hour digging out the sled and getting back on track.
There were no bathrooms up in the mountains and you know how pregnant women have to go all of the time. We will just leave the next picture for you to figure out (yellow snow).
We stopped and had lunch and ate with a gorgeous view. The whole trip was beautiful and we had a blast.
On the way back to the car Marianne got really brave on the sled and started doing tricks. Check out the form. If there was snowmobiling in the Olympics Marianne would win the gold.
Later that night Marianne's family went to Sizzler and we joined them for some steak and salad. We then had dessert (ice cream pie) at home.

On the following Monday my parents came down from North Salt Lake to take Marianne out to eat. She chose to go to Cracker Barrel. Spencer loved the rocking chairs out front and had to rock in each one. Thank goodness Marianne has some southern blood in her. She likes country cooking (biscuits and gravy, grits and eggs, and fried okra).
All in all I think it was a great birthday for Marianne. I don't know how I was so blessed to have her in my life and have her as my wife. I love you so much.

4 comments:
Happy b-day Marianne! Looks like you were spoiled rotten...and you deserve it!
Happy Birthday Mare! Looks like you had a fun time. It is always fun to drag it out a little. Hope you have a great year!
Happy Birthday Marianne!!!! What a fun day. Its the best going on a day date with your hubby. I chose to do that with Isaac too for mine. How fun that our bdays are so close. No wonder your so cool!!! ;) And congrats and your upcoming pregnancy. How fun!
hey MA...just stoppin' by to say hello. Hope all is well. When are you due? I can't wait to see number 2! Spencer is so adorable! xo
Post a Comment