WOW! I can't even believe it. I have forgotten what it feels like to not be in any pain. I can walk...I can get dress...I can exercise...I can put my shoes on...I can hold Spencer...I can sit...I can stand...I can do the splits(if I could)...I can SLEEP...I can BREATHE!!! In fact, I feel like I can do anything I want to do.
I have Ankylosing Spondylitis. What is that....well I hope you will never have to know. It is an auto-immune disorder that effects the whole body basically including the eyes. It mostly effects the spine where it will cause fusion of the back. So sometimes the vertebrae starts to "stick" & the back becomes stiff as a board...then it locks up from head to tail..then the muscles react...& it effects the ribs...& it makes it hard to breathe or do anything.
I got diagnosed w/ this in Jan of 2005 - I had a big flare up where I was immobile. However, years ago I was diagnosed w/ Fibromyalgia. I believe that this was a misdiagnosis - I have suffered w/ this since high school
I don't feel very special to have this - but hey we all have something. However, I am a rare of the rares of those that suffer w/ this. Only 1% of the population have this....& from that 1% only 10% of those are females. Thank you.
I have tried medication after medication & NOTHING has worked. So I gave up for a few years...why take something when it only takes the edge off & then you have to deal w/ all of the side effects. NO Thanks! So I just live off of Ibuprofen everyday.
The good news is....I am now eligible to try a new medication. Humira! I give myself shots (or James does) every two weeks....& WOW! I noticed a drastic difference within the first few days of getting my first few shots. I am PAIN FREE!
There is a down side to this....it costs almost $2000 every month. So now I am working for my medication...forget food & clothes....but how can you put a price tag on your health

4 comments:
Wow! You are an amazing woman. You have such a good attitude about things. I'm so glad that this medication is working and hope it continues to!
I didnt know you had that. My friend and my aunt has that. Luckily, I am not blood related to either! You are so good at hiding it. I never hear you complain!
I can't believe you have to deal with that! I'm so glad you found something that helps...you should move to Canada where health care is free and your problems will be solved :)
Yowch! Thats a lot. So true though when Isaac was so sick from Chemo I would have paid anything to help him. Im so glad that shot is working for you. What a relief...since HS? Geez!
Post a Comment