Now, I know that grapefruit is NOT one of those fruits that everyone loves....you know like strawberries, the middle of watermelons, or Hawaiian pineapple. But my mom loves grapefruit....thus we had it all growing up. Some people claim that it tastes NASTY - I happen to love it, however there are times where it is NASTY....like just after you brush your teeth!
Neehoo....being a lover of grapefruit & good deals....my family & I could NOT pass up the deal of the century going on at a local grocery store......10 grapefruits for $1/ That's right! Now those kind of deals just don't happen every day - so I ask...."What would you of done" Well, I will tell you. We did what anyone else would have done & went out & bought over 800 grapefruit over a week.
It has been a month now since we bought them & I am sad to say that we only have about 100 mouthwatering grapefruits left. We have enjoyed them a few different ways - juiced, sliced...but my favorite is when James peels them. OH my I could eat them all day.
So to you....who cannot appreciate the yummies of this devine fruit....thank you! Because that just makes it possible for us to go by another 800 when they are on sale again.

2 comments:
This post was directed towards me...huh? Gag, gag, gag! :)
Holy crap...that's a lot of grapefruit Marianne!
Post a Comment