Valentine's Day this year was a little different. On Feb 10th James & I found ourselves having a little time where we could do a special dinner. So at 5 o'clock James ran down to the store & got a couple of things to make a yummy dinner. We attempted to make it together but it ended up with James making it while I watched the kids. Just as it was ready I had to head off to young women's activity night. Thirty minutes later I came home to James putting Spencer to bed. At 7:45 he was asleep. We were feeling somewhat relieved that he went down so early to give us a few minutes to ourselves (& Kenley) to enjoy our Valentine's day special dinner. Within a matter of minutes James got a phone call from one of his friends who said that she was in our neighborhood coming to visit us. After an hour and a 1/2 & a lovely visit, at 9:30 we were able to sit down to enjoy our cold dinner. No sooner had we sat down to take our first bit when the family walked in the door. Ugh! James & I were so frustrated. Wanting some alone time we took our food downstairs. When we finally were able to eat & enjoy each others company we were so frustrated that we ended up arguing during dinner. We can laugh about it now. But boy! So much for TWO LOVE BIRDS just trying to have a special dinner together.
As for Monday, the actual LOVE day, both James & I had to work. I got home about 6:45. Spencer had decorated some sugar cookies for me. James got me hamburger & fries from the hospital cafe. While he ate his chicken & rice (it's rough when he's on a diet). He did splurge & eat a heath blizzard for dessert. We enjoyed it while watching the bachelor - James can't miss it! Here's to another awesome year together with my SWEETHEART!
LOVE YOU! YOU REALLY ARE THE BEST!

No comments:
Post a Comment